Adored Austin recently seen on...

Saturday, January 2, 2010

What a great start to the New Year. Delightfully Tacky, one of my most favorite, favorite fashion blogs in the entire world named me as one of her top five favorite fashion bloggers of 2009. Thank you so much! Truly, it's so flattering to be featured by a blog that I admire so much. Delightfully Tacky honoree this year, Vogue honoree next! Right? [Go HERE to see who else made the list].

Also, I found out my DIY studded blazer was featured on Glamour.com on Thursday along with a brief but typically goofy interview with me about the blazer:
My DIY blazer on Glamour.com
Pssst! You can read the little blurb HERE.

This is the second time Glamour has featured one of my DIY's. This strikes me as particularly funny since I don't really consider myself to be crafty or very DIY-y at all! I do hope to change that in 2010, though. One of my goals is to learn to sew and to buy less and create more. I already have a little project planned for the thrifted booties I got at Savers this week.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's WAY awesome!! We the Adored Austin fans are so proud of you. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Finding your blog inspired me to start doing outfit photos, and the thing I am thankful for about that, is now when I leave the house I actually feel good, as opposed to invisible, because I'm putting a little thought and care into how I present myself. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to start the New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I linked you to my blog because I style chained your...wait for it...your purse chain as a necklace! LOL! Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://littlemissleeinthebigcity.blogspot.com/

    loves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the features! And that blazer does look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Well deserved features :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I hope Glamour contacted you first, since your writing & photos are copyright protected under the law. If they did, congrats. If not, you should really look into protecting your intellectual property.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year!! Congrats on your success you deserve it!! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool, I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool! i loved that blazer and been scouting for a cheap one to DIY ever since lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! That is so exciting! You deserve it after all of the hard work and thumb-prodding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. way to go!! wanna start a diy group here in town?!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment that I get (I have it set up to go to my phone!), and I thank you so much for adding to the discussion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...