After my doctor's appointment, I went to Walmart to get my oil changed. I had an hour to kill, so I thought I'd show you some things that I've found do not work for a pregnant body. Laugh and enjoy!
Don't tell me to just move up a size.
A- Rompers don't come in "maternity", and
B- This is a size large.
Classy, Adams. Real classy. Makes you wonder, "Is that how she got pregnant in the first place?"
I know that maternity pants (and pants in general) are hard to keep up and around a gestating womb, but nothing makes a pregnant body suddenly look like an old man's beer gut body like suspenders.
Non-maternity button up shirts may seem harmless at first...
but then one of your co-workers loses an eye due to a projectile button off your shirt.
You thought the combo of maternity pants and suspenders was bad? Obviously you have never seen the combo of maternity pants with a body suit. Um, just because you can squeeze into it doesn't mean you should wear it. Yikes!
Just for your peace of mind, please know that I do not usually sport outfits such as those above. No, sirree. Lately I've been in the tried and true combo of empire waist cotton dresses and sandals. Boring, yes, but at least I don't look like a nut case (or a cased sausage!):
Best fashion post yet! Ha! <3
ReplyDeleteha ha ha, those pictures are awesome. I will keep that in mind when I get preggers.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you are doing ok, I was worried about you. (Is it strange to be worried about someone you don't really know?)
Peace,
Snappy-Q
I wondered where you were! Welcome back/recover quickly/don't ever abandon us again.
ReplyDeleteAnd these photos are HILARIOUS! I never type this b/c it's never the case, but this time it applies: LOL!
As for what-not-to-wear pregnancy edition, can't help ya there. But for what not-to-wear-30-something mom edition, you know where to find me...
xoxo,
~Olivia
I'm not fond of bikini's on pregnant women.
ReplyDeleteAnd sky high heels scare me. I think they'll topple over any moment.
omg this is one of your best posts ever (along with the guitar one). thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis post was awesome! It's sad how many people do wear those things though!
ReplyDeleteIndiana, you are too amazing! These pictures are hilarious!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are doing okay! This is one of my fav posts, so funny and cute! On a different note, I bought my first--beginner's--sewing machine and have signed up for classes. My first project? An apron! :) Lol.
ReplyDeleteLOLOL! Rompers, beer shirts & suspenders are my faves!! Especially the latter! HI-LARRY-US!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! This is hilarious. Thank you for the advice; I will keep it in mind for any future pregnancies. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for putting a smile on my face :) The suspenders was especially hilarious. Though I like the subtlety of the beer shirt. Like "this is wrong, why is this wrong? Oh yes!"
ReplyDeleteYou're HILARIOUS! That just cracked me up. Awesome.
ReplyDeletehilarious!!
ReplyDeleteI did wear button-downs with my last pregnancy because of the limited things I could wear to work. But I wore a maternity cami underneath and just fastened a button or two underneath my bust.
Hahahaha! You are too adorable.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're feeling better!
hahaha! your picture of the romper was funny! i'll definitely remember NOT to wear those when i get pregnant :)
ReplyDeleteYou're so awesome Indiana! This post is hysterical. From one pregnant woman to another, I salute your bravery, and your comedy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant post. So funny!
ReplyDeleteThis post was hilarious! Thanks for the early morning giggle. Glad to have you back Take care.
ReplyDeleteBahaha, this was hilarious! I think the suspenders might be my favorite, though the romper is pretty awesome as well - too funny!
ReplyDeleteOh, the suspenders! OH, THE HUMANITY!
ReplyDeleteTears are rolling down my face! You are so hilarious, Indiana!!!
ReplyDeleteI think that pregnant girls should avoid overalls, not that you'd sport them anyhow!
You are adorable!
this is hysterical! though i love the liz lange maternity dress. a lot. makes me want to be pregnant again. (almost.)
ReplyDeletehaha i love the beer shirt.
ReplyDeleteThis is maybe one of my favorite posts! I had an Iron City shirt of my husband's that became a favorite when I was pregnant. It was just so soft! I assure though that it never ever left the house.
ReplyDeleteYou made my day, I started smiling from the beginning, these are so funny. I love it:)
ReplyDeleteYou made my day, I started smiling from the beginning, these are so funny. I love it:)
ReplyDeleteha! love it :)
ReplyDeleteThis was hilllllllllllllarious. the romper! hahaha oh my goodness, it reminded me of willy wonka and the blueberry girl. hahaha. (no offense obviously!!)
ReplyDeleteWhenever I saw Angelina Jolie or Gwen Stefani pregnant with amazing maxi dresses I told myself when I'm pregnant, i'm wearing maxi dresses every single day. (more or less) Then I also won't have to worry about leg shaving.
and in the winter... hmmm maxis with longjohns? haha.
this was tooo cute. I should bring my camera into changing rooms and take pictures of things that fit horrible to blog about. that could be entertaining.
thanks :)
Emily
lol these images made me laugh, you are right there are certain items of clothing pregnant women definitely shouldn't wear. However your actual outfit looks great :)
ReplyDeleteL x
Half Dressed
hysterical! you look beautiful nonetheless!
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDeleteI made the mistake of trying on the first romper! LOL, O gosh my belly hasn't gotten noticable yet but i still looked like a dumpling little child in it. LOL!
I'm your newest follower! found you through the nestwork!
anya
Oh my, this post is hilarious! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh. You are hilarious! A pregnant woman shouldn't wear high-waisted pants, maybe? That'll just be too uncomfortable if not funny!
ReplyDeleteHaha- so funny!
ReplyDeleteAnd while the Miller Light Tee may not be very appropriote for a pregnant gal, the baby blue color of it looks great on you!
OMG, I think I just peed myself laughing at all these hysterical pictures! The romper, suspenders and body suit are my faves.
ReplyDeleteyou, my dear, are hysterical! I can just see you wandering through Walmart picking out those outfits. too funny!
ReplyDeleteThanks for making me literally laugh out loud! You should have tried the beer tee under the romper with suspenders :) You could have made it on people of walmart!
ReplyDeleteYour dresses are not at all boring! You look absolutely GORGEOUS and I'm willing to be that every single pregnant woman (or even every woman that has been pregnant!) wishes they could be as beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures literally made me laugh out loud. Mostly because you're so chic to begin with that these outfits look that much more ludicrous.
I do, however, really like the beer shirt. That's my favorite. :)
heh, heh, heh......thanks for the laughies!
ReplyDeleteI have to say though.....I sort of like the suspenders (just maybe if they were cuter aka: not thick old man suspenders).
as far as the beer shirts goo.....I may have to differ with you on that as well. In fact, I may be purchasing beer tees for all my knocked up friends, just for the humor of it all.
ps Walmart does oil changes? did not know.
LOVE THIS!!
ReplyDeleteSo funny! I love this!
ReplyDeleteBeer shirt, lol. Love the suspenders look, though, I really think you could pull it off. ;)
ReplyDeleteThis post cracked me up (and I'm taking notes for a few months from now...:). I love your real outfit at the end - I've been eyeing up that LL dress & definitely need to try it on upon seeing this. :D
ReplyDeleteHahahaha this was so funny! I loved it =D
ReplyDeleteIndiana you just made my day... that's awesome XD Maybe should do a photoshoot with totally inappropriate clothes...
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, these photos are awesome. Second of all, my sister got diagnosed with Hashimoto recently. I hope you (and your baby) are doing well! See you soon!
ReplyDeleteI was dying reading this. The suspenders look is the best! Thanks for a little humor to get my weekend started off right!
ReplyDeleteMy gosh, you are so stylish.
ReplyDeleteBut that empire dress? Nope, doesn't work.
LOL. :)
So the other day I was in my Walmart and saw a prego girl wearing a beer T-shirt.. However her's was Bud and she was caucasian yet somehow darker than you...LOL Hit the nail on the head.
ReplyDeleteThis post is hillarious!
><>Schwann
oh my goodness - have you actually seen anyone sporting any of these looks? I've seen loads of rompers and non maternity button ups but thankfully no beer tshirts
ReplyDeleteA shirt that says "drinking for two." It's comical if you're a redneck but just not so great otherwise :).
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
Glad you're feeling better, I was starting to worry!
ReplyDeleteYou're awesome for posting those pictures. Hilarious.
Having never been pregnant, I feel I'm not too qualified to know what I'm talking about, but I've seen several pregnant women wear obscenely low cut shirts. I guess maybe they forget how much larger certain- ahem- things get during pregnancy? Certain lower cut shirts look almost X-rated on some pregnant women. But who am I to judge? :)
Bahaha! Love this post. You always manage to crack me up.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep all these faux-pas in mind in the distant future when I pop out some kiddies :)
Lovely outfit...but those not to wear pregnancy outfits are just funny hahahah!!!!
ReplyDeleteespecially the beer shirt and the romper..
Great post love
Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens
You are so cute and funny!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
http://twentyyork.blogspot.com
Indiana, you're one of my favourite, if not my favourite fashion blogger because of posts like these. You are beautiful, impeccably dressed, down to earth and down right funny. You don't take this notso serious fashion business and make it light hearted and fun aka the way it should be. You are an absolute delight always.
ReplyDeleteAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AWESOME. I shall keep this in mind if I ever find myself With Baby.
ReplyDeleteThis was a really great post, it made me laugh. the suspenders, the romper and button up shirt outfits really made me laugh. Best post I've ever read.
ReplyDeletehahaaa you're so awesome!!! keep it coming!! :D
ReplyDeletehttp://amaturecouture.com/
Haha! Thanks for the laugh Indiana! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I got a great laugh when I stumbled across this:) Hee hee...
ReplyDeleteummm... this was tagged on your latest post and since I am 4 month post baby (and agree whole-heartly with your tight theory) I thought it looked interesting.
ReplyDeleteThis post is absolutely hilarious. One of the best preggo posts I have ever seen. Kudos for you for trying the stuff on.
Serious. This post just made my day!