[photo by Deanna Roy]
We're okay. We live within the Austin city limits and we spent yesterday packing a bag we can grab in a hurry, making a quick inventory of our belongings, and gathering tools in case a new fire breaks out and we are asked to evacuate. We live next to several acres of woods which is home to a large homeless population and our street is flanked by a field of dry brush. Though the weekend's wind has relented, the low humidity and lack of rain has not. The Austin area continues to be on high alert.
With that said, it seems a little silly to spend the day taking my outfit photos and writing about what I'm wearing. I hope you understand. I've filled out my Red Cross volunteer application and plan to see how I can best lend a hand.
If you'd like to help out, please see KXAN to see how you can give goods, money, or services. I have been told that money, time, and food are really the best way to help immediately.
If you know a displaced family who needs help, let them know my family has a guest room and extra bathroom available and I can watch small pets or kids while parents take care of business.
Stay safe, Austin. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I read every single comment that I get (I have it set up to go to my phone!), and I thank you so much for adding to the discussion!