Yes, folks, I have a serious nose hair problem. It's so bad that I've been the subject of both a nose hair confrontation and an intervention as well as the recipient of a nose hair trimmer from a boyfriend on a major holiday.
A few years ago, a friend of mine hinted that I should get my nose hairs waxed. My initial thought? "She must think I'm crazy! That would hurt like the dickens!" My secondary thought? "She's probably right..."
And just so you know, as someone with a persistant nose hair problem, I have regularly subjected myself to nose hair plucking. I HATE it. It makes me sneeze. It makes my eyes water, and even my back gets sore because I tense up so badly while I pluck- sneeze- pluck -sneeze- away.
So I did it. I got my nose hairs waxed, and you know what? It was awesome. They simply stick a stick up your nose with a bit of wax, wait for the wax to cool, and then yank it out in one swift movement. My first time in, I didn't sneeze at all, my eyes didn't tear up, and it hurt way less than plucking. Of course, that's probably because it's so much pain that my brain's pain receptors just shut down and said, "WHAT WAS THAT?! WE'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO FIRE BECAUSE THAT WAS JUST INSANE." Waxing is my nose hair is my favorite way to take care of my hair up there.
It was so satisfying to see all those hairs (short and long) on that ball of wax. I'm not going to lie. Every time I have it done, I ask the esthetician if I can exam what's been extracted. I stare at it and marvel over how much came out and how it's not going to come back for 10- 12 more weeks.
With that... enjoy your weekend!
An extra special thanks goes out to Milk + Honey for comping my face waxing. I am in love with the hip, serene vibe of the new space on 2nd Street. I'll be back for sure!