date: 21 Nov 2013 // occasion: Ikea run
dress: GAP (maternity) // coat: ASOS (maternity) // necklace: Ragalicious c/o Paypal Cash for Registers // socks: American Apparel // boots: Sorel c/o Planet Shoes
That's okay. I imagine that I'll get good use out of it in Atlanta over the holidays and in the midwest if we decide to make another trip to see my (ailing) grandmother. There's a drawstring on the inside at the waist, so perhaps that's what makes it "maternity". Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing this for the for next 7+ years regardless if my womb is occupied again or not (but let's face it, at this rate, it probably will be... right, Chris?!)
It's starting to get cooler again, but alas, I'm a summer lover, not a fan of fall and winter. I hate pumpkin spice, and I'd rather go to a swimming pool than a ski resort. I'm going to do bare legs for as long as possible!
Can we talk about these boots for a sec? I had been eying the Sorel Joan of Arctic boots forever after seeing them in a million street style photographs from Sundance a few years back. However, I just couldn't justify getting them since they'd only see the light of day (and snow?) maybe once per year. Planet Shoes (one of my favorite online shoe retailers due to their selection and corporate philosophy of green living) has an unreal stock of Sorel boots. I spied this amped up alternative cousin of the duck boot I originally wanted: hidden wedge, no fur, and I thought those would get more wear here in Austin than the traditional fur lined boots. I love these. I haven't seen anything else like them out there, and I can't wait to try these with a my new leggings and a chunky oversized sweater. Maybe next week?
/ / /
Update: Check out Planet Shoes' Sorel giveaway here!