I am not a morning person. I could easily sleep until 10 am every day if my children would allow (thankfully they're not very early risers, either. They're up around 8:30 or 9:00). Having to drag my lazy booty out of bed before 7:30 am was a daunting task that I often was not up to, both literally and figuratively. In order to save myself time in the mornings, I would keep a pair of overalls beside my bed and simply throw them on with whatever t-shirt I had slept in that night and schlep to class. I wore overalls nearly every single day. One morning, though, I had driven in very early from a holiday weekend at home, and I was dressed in jeans and a sweater and I had even brushed my hair. This kid Ben, who I had sat in front of for an entire semester, did not even recognize me and asked me if I was new.
All that to say that overalls occupy a very dear, very strange soft spot in my heart. When I spied these maternity overalls at H&M I literally laughed out loud. Maternity overalls? How ridiculous. Pretty sure those were on my "what not to wear when pregnant" list. However, I could not stop thinking about them! So when I got a 50% off one item promo code to H&M, I hesitated for about seven seconds before buying them. And when I had to get up at 7:30 am on Saturday for an 8:00 hair appointment, I knew just what to wear:
overalls: H&M (maternity) // t-shirt: ASOS (maternity) // shoes: Audrey Brooke via DSW (similar) // bag: c/o Oliva + Joy (similar) // bracelet: Fashionique (similar)